Question about CYA

The CYA level gives you a guideline of what targets to use - but you're pool's usage can vary, so it may be trial and error until the CYA is fully dissolved and working. You may find when it's all dissolved that your FC level is more stable and you'll lose less during the day.

Get out a tall frosty glass of POP, pool owner patience, and relax. You don't need to worry about the CYA. 24 hours after adding it, you should start assuming that it is there. Just don't test the CYA level for a week.

The pool will have been up a week this Wednesday and it is in need of a cleaning... I was wondering if I can vacuum even though all the CYA hasn't dissolved?

The pool cleaner I will be using hooks up to the skimmer and not the return so I will need to backwash during cleaning..

I hope you mean backwash after cleaning/vacuuming? If you vacuum to backwash/waste, you'll lose about 35 gal/min, so if you vacuum the pool for 20 minutes you'll lose 700 gal of water.

Backwash after vacuuming for ~1 minute. Although if you've had the pool for only one week, you probably don't need to backwash it yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.