New AutoPilot Low Chlorine

The Salt Level has been at 3400 since I started using the AutoPilot.

On Sunday morning I shocked the pool with MPS (At this point I am trying everything), before shocking it the chlorine was at .5 maybe. After the pump ran all day my chlorine level was at 2, promising.

Last night I shocked the pool with bleach, 15 gallons! When do you think I will be able to see a chlorine reading that is ccoming from the PoolPilot and not the bleach.

Mark

If you haven't killed all the algae the chlorine level will come down quite quickly. If you have killed all the algae it should take several days to come down.

You should brush the pool daily while the chlorine is very high. Algae that is stuck to the walls in a biofilm can sometimes resist high chlorine levels. Brushing disrupts the biofilm and allows the chlorine to do it's job.

Just an update:

It is now about 50 hours since I shocked the pool with 15 gallons of bleach.

I have been running the AutoPilot for my regular 12 hours per day. Here is what my water looks like:

No Algea
FC > 10
PH 7.3
Alk 130
CYA 90
CH 350

What do the experts think?

Mark

It sounds like you are going to be fine. It would be entertaining to know what the FC level really is, but probably not important at this point. 15 gallons of 6% bleach would of gotten you up into the 50s.

Just an update:

It is now about 4 full days since I shocked the pool with 15 gallons of bleach.

I have been running the AutoPilot for my regular 12 hours per day, level 3 70%. Here is what my water looks like:

No Algea
FC 10
PH 7.3
Alk 130
CYA 90
CH 350

What do the experts think? Should I reduce the PoolPilot level from 3 to 2?

Mark

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.