Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bleach on hand

1. Back To Top    #1
    Fort Worth TX

Bleach on hand

Just curious as to how much bleach you store on hand? Here in Texas we do not have the abundance of deals on anything over the standard 6% variety. I have been using Sams club Clorax as it is convenient and an okay price. I buy three cases at a time and store it in the laundry room (air conditioned) to keep it away from the high heat that we are going through right now.
    16,000 gal IG Double Roman Plaster Pool (16yrs - plaster redone 2014)
    Pentair FNS-48 DE filter with WhisperFlo 2HP single speed pump
    Polaris 280 robot
    BBB all the way and tested with a TF100 kit
    Pool Calc user

2. Back To Top    #2
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Re: Bleach on hand

I buy a case of 12.5% and it lasts about a month, give or take.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner

3. Back To Top    #3

I buy 10 gallons of 12.5% from the pool store maybe every 2-4 weeks depending on the heat. Here we get the 5 gallon jugs of 12.5% for $12. Very reasonable if you ask me. I keep it outside but in a shady area in the back of the yard. So it sees the heat but not the direct sunlight.

I do use bleach from the grocery too for the times I travel. My wife can put in (1) 128oz bottle every-other-night and it works fine until I get home to readjust. In that I case I normally keep 3-5 128oz jugs in the garage until gone. It could be a month before it's all used if I don't travel much.
    27' round AG vinyl, 54" height with 18,200 gallons of water.
    1HP pump, 150lb sand filter run 12-14 per day. Using 12.5% liquid chlorine. BBB method.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit. Lamotte strips for borate at 50ppm.
    Goals: CYA-40, TA-80, FC-4, CC-0, Borate-50, PH-7.4-7.8 with use of fountain.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Covington, Georgia

We normally keep a weeks worth of Wal Mart brand bleach on hand, 96 oz size and we use 1 jug ($1.58) a night. Pretty cheap maintenance if you as me !
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

5. Back To Top    #5

I buy a dozen every 10 days or so
    2003 Coleman MAAX Collection Model 706 - 400gal

6. Back To Top    #6

San Rafael, CA USA

4 gallons of 12.5% chlorinating liquid every month.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by chem geek
    4 gallons of 12.5% chlorinating liquid every month.
    Same here.

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.