How am I doing? Numbers Critique

jjdurrant

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2008
MN
Working on getting the TA down and the CYA up. My TA is a neverending battle. :)

poollog09.jpg

It takes more than splash out to lower CYA from 30 to 10. Of course CYA measurements around 10 are suspect, as the reliable test only measures down to 20. If CYA really is 10, you have had a lot more water replacement than you just described. Do you have an auto fill system?

So, since you refilled last year, did you add Stablizer or Conditioner (with CYA) at that time or have you relied on the CYA in the pucks to give you CYA? If so, how many pucks are we talking about since then, 50 lbs, 25 lbs, 100 lbs?

jjdurrant said:
I did add about 11lbs of CYA last year. I have used 35lbs of smart sticks as well.

So, in 25K gallons, that CYA alone should have gotten you to about 50. The pucks would have added more. Then you closed the pool, covered it, had a winter, and opened this year.

Did you add any CYA THIS year? I've read around here about pools that over winter have the FC go to 0, then the CYA goes to zero also. If the dot doesn't TOTALLY and ABSOLUTELY disappear in the test, then you keep adding to the test tube. You may have begun with no CYA.

It might be that you need to add 11 lbs again this year to get started off.

Also, in looking at the numbers, you really need to test more often! Now that it is time to swim, with CYA so low, you are probably getting 0 FC every day the sun shines on that water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.