Now I have a ring around my pool

aqualicious

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2009
Ontario, Canada
As I vacuumed this morning I noticed a ring around my pool at the water level. It is greenish brownish...Stain. It is not slimy or scummy....just a stain. It's not coming off at all.

I have been doing the MA all week. IL or so in the morning and have my return pointing up and the pump at high speed to aerate. The stain ring is much more pronounced at the end the water is jetting to.

Is this as a result of the 5L of MA I've put in so far?

Last nights numbers:

FC 3 (which I then shocked to 5)
CC less than .5
TA about 175
PH 7.5
CYA is about 30 from what I can see but a full week has not gone by yet.

I haven't read thru all your posts but have you ever used any copper-based algaecides or products with copper?

Try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. If it will work, you won't have to scrub hard at all. If you have to scrub hard don't use it.

Report back if it doesn't work.

hi frustrated pool mom...no i haven't added anything but bleach and MA. i did buy and will try the magic eraser.....although the erasers are full of italian lemon soda now...(see my last post regarding vacuum problems and tripping with my grocery bags :| .....)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.