SWG question....

I just had my 24'x52" AG installed today. The pool installer didn't seem too confident about the Intex SWG keeping up with this size of pool and the 1.5hp pumb with 20" sand filter with zeosand. I took their advice and did not plumb it in but still haven't returned it. What do ya'll suggest...keep the SWG or return it and use traditional chemicals? Looking through some of the members profiles shows my size of pool with the Intex SWG. Any help would be appreciated.

I've been using mine for 2 months now on a 24' round runs about 3-4 hrs a day...I love it.

Also...the PB should have told you that 1.5hp is way to much pump for your pool...3/4hp or a 1hp dual speed is all you need. The 1.5 hp will work fine, but it will just burn more electricity...your filter will not let it flow the maximum it is capable of. Pool stores make you believe bigger is better...that's true in the case of filter size, but not the pump...you want your filter to be slightly oversized if anything.

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions on using the intex swg...best $180 I ever spent, other than my solar panel.

Welcome to TFP :goodjob:

I just wanted to stop by and say thank you all again for all of your help. We've been doing really well! Now that the rain has stopped everything's starting to get a lot easier. Today is the first time I've really had to tweak anything since the first time. This forum is such a great resource! :whoot:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.