Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Strange error message???

1. Back To Top    #1
    North Billerica, MA, USA, etc.

Strange error message???

Strangeness - I got a notification of a message in a thread that I was following, and when I went to look at it, I get an error message "You are not authorized to read this forum" I tried logging out and back in, same problem..

Actually I think I may have just figured it out - is this the message that gets generated when a post was deleted? I tried the "if you want to view the thread" link and that worked - it looked like at least one message was deleted - a bit of irritation w/ Al Bore... (personally, I thought it was funny and wouldn't have killed it, but you set the rules for the board so it's your choice...)

Message in question...
    Hello Gooserider,

You are receiving this notification because you are watching the topic,
    "It's official. I am cursed." at "Trouble Free Pool". This topic has
    received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to
    view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit
    the topic.

If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the
    following link:

If you want to view the topic, click the following link:

If you want to view the forum, click the following link:

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the
    "Unsubscribe topic" link found at the bottom of the topic above, or by
    clicking the following link:

Thanks, The Management
    Free-form Inground gunnite pool, Estimated 16-17K gallons. New Pentair TR60 ClearPro 24" sand filter and Compupool CPSC-48 SWG, Hayward SP1607X10 Pump w/ 1HP motor, 1.5" plumbing, Polaris Pressure cleaner w/ booster pump. pool is more than 25 yrs old, less than 35. Not painted, deteriorating tile surround. I am paraplegic, get in/out of pool w/ S.R. SMITH PAL portable pool lift (significantly modified)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Strange error message???

When a post gets moderated, we move it to somewhere that you can't access it. If you get a list of new posts from before the move you can get a link to the post. But if we have moved it since then and you try to read the post you will get that error message.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School