Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: L cheapo hose problems solved!

1. Back To Top    #1

L cheapo hose problems solved!

Well, after one two many times with plastic hose poblems, this is what I did to solve it...

I realize that when it comes time to service the filter and/or pump, I will have to cut pipe. But that will not be a problem seeing how I did all this in about 1 hour. I will probably get some treaded fittings. But right now, My main concern was preventing future hose blow offs and blow outs. After about two times of this happening I fixed it right this time. 8)
    93mastercraft - Aqua Leader Reflexion 21' round 54" high above ground pool. This is not a $399.00 Pool! Wedding cake steps, Haywood 1.5 pump/sand filter. If I'd thought taking care of a pool was this easy, I'd owned one a long time ago!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: L cheapo hose problems solved!

Looks good! I'll be doing something similar this fall or spring (or sooner if I have a hose fail). My only concern is support for the piping. I think I've got something figured out to do that with, but have to do some investigating.
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

3. Back To Top    #3

looks good...when you cut the pipe, you can solve you issue by adding sch 80 1.5" unions...thay cost about 8 bucks a piece
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by MikeInTN
    Looks good! I'll be doing something similar this fall or spring (or sooner if I have a hose fail). My only concern is support for the piping. I think I've got something figured out to do that with, but have to do some investigating.

I was worried about support for the pipes too. But after the install and testing, it's not all that bad. These pipes are not as long as they look. The longest one was 20". I was surprised at how sturdy the whole thing is. I am convenced that this is far superior to the L cheapo hoses. Maybe now, I don't have to worry about coming home from work on a hot day just when I want to jump into the pool only to find the pump running dry and a huge loss of water. This costed around 50 bucks. the biggest expense were the shut off valves at 10 bucks a piece. I used one 10' and half another length of 330PSI PVC (NOT THAT I will need that) but it is very thick and sturdy.
    93mastercraft - Aqua Leader Reflexion 21' round 54" high above ground pool. This is not a $399.00 Pool! Wedding cake steps, Haywood 1.5 pump/sand filter. If I'd thought taking care of a pool was this easy, I'd owned one a long time ago!