Non Standard eyeball

sandy

Jul 1, 2009
Hi all. New to group. Found site while trying to find a way to lower TA and raise ph.

Seems an aerator/acid is the way to go but . . . I removed the eyeball from my return and took it to local HD to make sure I had right size. Seems my eyeball is between 1 1/2 and 2 inches. It won't screw onto any of the standard 1 1/2 or 2 inch male pvc fittings. I guess i thought i could just buy 1 1/2 or 2 inch pvc pipe and various fittngs to make a home made aerator. Is there 1 3/4 size pvc fittings? (or any other bright ideas?)

Sandy

I've never heard of anything but 1-1/2" or 2".

Mine has two parts. It looks like this.

SP1419.gif

The large nut looking thing will unscrew and the actual "eyeball" comes out of there. The threaded part is the part that's the pipe sized part.

Well, FWIW, there are definitely some odd ball sizes out there...

My returns are 1.25", NOT 1.5" or 2". The pool store didn't believe it either, but it's true. I had to manufacture my own fitting for the PoolSkim device because it is made for 1.5".

Dave

Doh! I guess that explains the piece stuck on the regular, what looks like 2" pipe. When I tried to unscrew the eyeball only that part came off. I guess I need to struggle with getting the other part off.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I need all the help i can get.

Sandy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.