Dirt/Sand/DE settling in pool

May 31, 2009
Houston, TX
I seem to have a small amount if dirt/sand, possibly DE, that I just can't get cleaned up. To fine for the Polaris and the vaccum to pick up. I'm leaning more towards thinking it's DE....Why would I get DE in the Pool. Could it happen during backwashing? I have not seen any holes in the cartridge, atleast not seen by my naked eye :shock: . So if it's not DE and it is actually dirt/sand that is to fine to get vaccumed then how the heck do I get it out? (I do not use the filtering system to vaccum, I use water pressure...i.e. the polaris booster pump).

sS

This is fairly common. While there is the chance that DE is ending up in your pool if your filter is leaking it in, that is very unlikely. More likely, is this is the fine dust that tends to collect in most peoples pools that reappears faster than we would all like :) It is usually stuff not caught by your filter, plus the general dust and sand that gets blown into your pool every day.

You can use a skimmer sock or pair of nylons on your skimmer to reduce this a bit. I also had a bit more luck getting rid of this with my Pool Buster, but like many people here, the product only lasted about a year until the battery and motor died.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.