After a couple of busy weeks implementing BBB, the water is lookin' GREAT!
I REALLY like using my TF100, and finally feel like I know what's going on in my water... except for one thing. I always have a CC level of .5. I recently spent nearly a week at shock level. I did an overnight test, and my results were within spec... I lost about 1 ppm FC, and had .5 ppm CC. All is well? Maybe?
As I let the FC level fall, I began working on the Acid/Aeration method to lower my TA. From Saturday to Monday, I lowered TA from 180 to 80. pH is still slightly low at 7.2, but I've had it covered for a couple of days due to cloudy/rainy weather. This is when the water started looking REAL GOOD!
All this time, I'm still getting CC of .5. I add the 5 drops of CC reagent, and the sample turns the slightest shade of pink -- and it clears completely & immediately with one drop of the R0087 stuff. With ALL the shocking I've done, and as clear as the water is, I have a hard time believing there are still living algae in there. This led me to wondering: Can things OTHER than algae cause a detectable CC level? Specifically, what about tree leaves? My pool is quite close to two large hard maple trees. I'm very diligent about cleaining up the floaters & emptying the skimmer, but I almost always have a handful of leaves on the bottom. Can the breakdown of tree leaves in the water cause a measurable CC level?
Can I hope to ever have a CC that really and truly is zero?
Again, I sincerely thank all of you for your expertise and willingness to help!