Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sequestering Agent

1. Back To Top    #1

Sequestering Agent

Is HTH Metal Out or Metal Control (I don't know the official title) and Bio Guard Pool Magnet Plus the same product? There is about a $10 difference between the two and I'm doing a Ascorbic Acid treatment this weekend for severe metal stains and I want to make sure I do this right the first time.
    13,000 gal, above ground, round
    Tagelus TA-40 sand filter with a jaccuzi pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    I am not sure about the bioguard Pool Magnet, but I did use the hth Metal Control for iron water with very good results, I used a double dose of it though.
    Fort Wayne IG Vinyl 18 x 36 (22,000 G)
    3/4 hp Pentair Pump
    Sand Filter
    Polaris 280 w/ booster pump
    No heater cover
    Mount Airy, NC

3. Back To Top    #3
    I purchased HTH Metal Control this morning. I got 2 bottles for the price of one bottle of Pool Magnet. I'll report my results later.
    13,000 gal, above ground, round
    Tagelus TA-40 sand filter with a jaccuzi pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Did it work out for you? Tell what you did?
    c ya, grivera

IG, Cement, 18,600 Gal; DE, SWCG, Nature 2; 1.5 hp pump; Quartz Aggregate, Mid-Atlantic-1st opened 7/07

5. Back To Top    #5

Charleston, SC
    waiting to hear the results! I need to do this this weekend.
    35+ year old 16 x 30 oval, depth 4 ft to 8 ft, in ground concrete pool approx 17,000 gallons-using BBB method

6. Back To Top    #6
    Both the Bioguard and the HTH products are HEDP which is the most common metal sequesterant used. IF the concentrations are the same in each product they should be equally effective. Look at the dosing instructions and see if you need the same amount for each product. Most require a quart per 10000 gallons but there are a few on the market that only require a pint per 10000 gallons.