Apr 10, 2009
S.E. MI
My numbers this morning (tf100 test kit):

FC 6.5
CC 0.5
PH 7.5
TA 100
CYA 70

I am running the pump 12 hours per day, with the SWG at 20% output. I want to lower my FC to 5. We've had the solar cover on a lot lately because of weather conditions and trying to keep leaves out of the pool. Would it better to dial down the output of the SWG some more, or should I change my pump time to something like 10 hours per day? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You might need to do a little bit of each. With the cover on, remember that you are eliminating loss of FC by the UV route. I think that you may just need to experiement with things. Try reducing the pump run time and see how things look. Or, you can turn your SWG down a little more and see what changes that effects. Do one or the other rather than both at the same time to see what works best.

Thanks so much for the replies. Great advice and I think I'll start with changing the pump's run time first. Our electric meter really moves when the pump is running, so any savings would be great.

That's probably they best thing to do. 12 hours seems kind of long to me but then again, your pool water will give you the final word. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.