does more gph equal more suction?

Jun 25, 2009
Loogootee, IN
I have attempted to run a pump powered vacuum to no avail! I don't have a skimmer so I have been taking the hose and hooking it directly to the filter pump, of course it doesn't work. :rant:

After trying in vane to use a vacuum powered by suction from the filter pump, I started researching my pump.

This is what I found. It is a 30gph pump! :shock: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... d=10715079

if the above is true, would I be able to purchase a 1,000gph intex filter pump and be able to run the vacuum?

its not an automatic gadget, it is manual vacuum on a pole.

Is my thinking correct? more gph = more suction?

Yes, the larger pump will give you more suction. Also, be sure you have one of the special low flow rate vacuum heads made for Intex pools and not a vacuum head made for an in-ground vinyl pool.

I suspect you meant to say the 530 gph pump. Intex doesn't make a 30 gph pump.

JasonLion said:
Yes, the larger pump will give you more suction. Also, be sure you have one of the special low flow rate vacuum heads made for Intex pools and not a vacuum head made for an in-ground vinyl pool.

I dunno! lol it was like 10 dollars at walmart and has brushes on the bottom of it. I have noticed the 3 closest walmarts have nothing for intex pools except their pool packages and the swg for 199

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.