Proper Water Circulation

johnd13

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 23, 2009
I have two returns the spa that overflows into the pool and then there are returns to the main pool. On the suction side I have a two spa drains, two main pool drains, a skimmer and a vacuum.

My question is, what is the best set up for circulation? I have it set now for the only return is the spa with water falling back into the main pool from the overflow. On the suction side I have the pool main drain and skimmer open. Is there a better setup?

Thanks

Welcome to TFP!!

Best circulation kind-O-depends on where the 2 pool returns are located. You certainly want to have water flowing into the pool (when you aren't in 'spa only' mode) and pointed in such a way as to move any surface debris towards the skimmer for removal. You are correct not to have the vacuum line open for normal circulation, nor the spa drain :goodjob:

Open up the pool returns and aim the directional 'eyeballs' for optimal circulation (which way to point them, again, will be determined by where they are in the pool and where the skimmer is :wink: )

Post pics of where the returns are and where the skimmer is and we'll help on the aiming of the eyeballs 8)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.