Spa temp

Jun 30, 2009
Am a new pool owner with Pentair Easy touch remote for pool and spa. When I push button on remote to turn spa on, the water is not heating up. Could I have a setting wrong on the remote? Also the temp reading on the remote is off, it says the spa temp is 186 degrees.

Welcome to TFP!

I think you just answered your own question. The EasyTouch thinks that the spa is 186, so clearly there is no need for the heater to be on. There must be something wrong with the temperature sensor. It might be mis-configured, but more likely there is some kind of hardware problem, a lose connection on the temperature sensor or something like that.

In my setup (Jandy Aqualink RS), there is no sensor in the spa itself. The sensor is in the plumbing right after the pump and before the filter. It is inserted into a hole in the PVC and held with a clamp. It monitors the water circulating through the system when in spa mode (or pool mode) and turns the heater on/off accordingly.

It should not be a big deal to replace the sensor if that is the problem. In the meantime look through the manual for the heater to disable the automatic mode so you can manually turn it on to heat the spa.

Jim

RinRMD said:
In my setup (Jandy Aqualink RS), there is no sensor in the spa itself. The sensor is in the plumbing right after the pump and before the filter. It is inserted into a hole in the PVC and held with a clamp. It monitors the water circulating through the system when in spa mode (or pool mode) and turns the heater on/off accordingly.

It should not be a big deal to replace the sensor if that is the problem. In the meantime look through the manual for the heater to disable the automatic mode so you can manually turn it on to heat the spa.

Jim

This is the same setup I have. It works well, but it is usually 1 degree off for the spa and 2 degrees off for the pool. It is easy to compensate for so it's no big deal. The only problem is having to explain it to other people if Im not going to be there.

Spa temps are funny. You can totally tell the difference of just a single degree. Sometimes I am in there at night and the spa is 101 and I just need it to be 102 :) Or if its cooler out and it is 102, I can tell that 103 would be perfect. Then if it is 1 degree over you feel like you are going to melt. LOL.

I am going to make a guess here that whoever installed the system put the water temp sensor right after the heater outlet instead of BEFORE it! You want to monitor the water temp before the heater heats it up so you know what temperature is going into the heater but a lot of pool installers don't seen to have this simple fact down! I've seen this problem more than once!

waterbear said:
I am going to make a guess here that whoever installed the system put the water temp sensor right after the heater outlet instead of BEFORE it! You want to monitor the water temp before the heater heats it up so you know what temperature is going into the heater but a lot of pool installers don't seen to have this simple fact down! I've seen this problem more than once!

I dont know why I didn't notice this a YEAR ago when you wrote it, or why I decided to read old posts randomly, but you are a genius!!! Thanks! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.