Pool light change of bulb.

G

I want to make sure I do this right. The light in our community pool and spa does not work. It appears the bulbs are burnt out.

On the pool, I can unscrew the light from the housing and it should have a cord long enough to pull it out to the side of the pool outside the water, right? Of course I will turn off the circuit breaker for this circuit before doing any of this. Then I open the light housing not damaging the gasket, change the bulb and close it up and reinstall it in the niche, right?

Is it just a standard socket for the bulb? And any particular type of bulb (under water certified)?

The spa should be the same, right?

yes it should unscrew and have a long enough cord that you can pull it up onto the deck. Each light is a bit different but mine was just a standard screw socket. There is a rubber gasket that keeps it sealed when you separate the lens from the housing. Make sure that's in good shape as you don't want it filling with water.

good luck. Its quite easy to change.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.