adding salt to improve feel of water

chdolfnz

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 21, 2009
Lancaster, pa
Hello,
Since my baqua conversion about a month ago, my pool water is awsome...but I am thinking of adding salt to the water to improve the feel like a lot of people have done on this forum. I was just wondering if adding salt is going to affect anything else in the water, like chlorine, ph, etc. I don't want to mess anything up!! I've been keeping my FC at 4 to 6 (CYA is 50), PH is 7.8, TA is around 170-190...just thought it would be fun to see what the salt can do for the "feel".
Is it ok to use the regular water softener pellets in the bags and how exactly is the best way to add it? right into the pool?
Thanks again for the help...you guys made my conversion wonderful!! Pool water is sparklin'!!! :party:

Curt

Ok, now you got me thinking...if I want to go the borates route, I know I will have to get my TA down....but if I would go the boric acid route, do I still need to worry about the TA??

I know that this way is a bit more costly, but seems to be easier??

I'm still a bit confused about the whole "borates" thing, and I even read the article about it!!

What do you all think would be the best route?....it might take me awhile to get my "high" TA down to range??

Thanks
Curt

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.