CompuPool SWG

lborne

Jun 29, 2009
Vero Beach, FL
I'm new here and think this site is great. I've learned so much about pool chemistry and feel I have a good idea on how to keep my pool trouble free.

Does anyone have a Compupool CPSC SWG installed? I'm having one installed on my new pool. The online manual is not very helpful. It shows that there is a built in timer for the unit and it seems like it may actually be able to control the pump as well. A call to the USA headquarters was not exactly helpful. First they said, Yes, it can control a 220V pump, but that the CPSC and the pump should be tied into a standard mechanical timer. So I asked what was the point of the built in timer. They said only for someone who ran their pump 24 hrs a day. Then I asked, so why can it control the pump? They really could not answer.

My pool builder is installing it per the page in the manual that shows it hooked with the pump to a mechanical timer. However, I'm going to explore the option of using the CPSC as a timer to control the pump - either directly (as can be assumed from the manual), or indirectly through a relay. But if anyone has one of these units installed, maybe you can investigate. How is yours installed? Have you used the timer?

Thanks

I have one, however I am letting it run off my InterMatic digital timer that controls my 2-speed pump and polaris pump. The Compupool only turns on when the pump is on high, and it ramps up to the preset output (80%) gradually.

Thanks for the link. I also found an older link explaining that when set up to not control the pump, which is evidently SOP for in ground pools, the timer functions are disabled. It explained how to enable the timer functions, but did not clarify where to hook up the pump. My pool builder and the US reps don't want to hook it up any other way than in line with the pump so there is no chance the SWG can come on if the pump is not on. I don't understand because the SWG has its own flow sensor. Anyway, I'm just going to wait until its all installed and put a meter to it myself to see where the 220 is supplied when the timer is on.

Would you post the link to that thread?

Also, anyone know whether the flow sensor needs cleaning or is even accessible?

My 2-month old unit (controlled by an Intermatic digital timer), just stopped turning on (the fuse is not blown) and I am now suspecting maybe the flow sensor is not working.

Tsuma said:
Also, anyone know whether the flow sensor needs cleaning or is even accessible?
it depends on what kind of flow sensor it has
if it's a switch type - then it's probably not critical unless it's installed before the filter and gets filled with debris

if it's the one that senses the conductivity - then definitely yes. the flow sensor would look like a small pin or flat piece of titanium beside the plates on one side of the cell

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.