Does the Pool Pilot TC have a PH or ORP sensor?

Lazyman

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2009
NJ
I'm trying to see what my cya levels should be with using the Pool Pilot TC with acid feeder. I may have made a mistake and raised my levels from 42 as of yesterday, to who knows what in a few days. I punched in the numbers in the Pool Calculator, and added some stabilizer. I may have to empty some water. No big deal.

So, is the sensor in the TC an "ORP" and needs to be at <50 CYA, like I've been reading, for the sensors to work, or is it PH and these cya levels won't effect it?

The complete version of the AutoPilot Total Control system includes both PH and ORP sensors. It can also run in a PH only mode, where the ORP sensor is either not installed or ignored, and chlorine generation is done on a percentage basis as it would be with any other SWG.

If the display cycle shows the current ORP reading, typically a number around 650, you have and are using the ORP sensor. If the display cycle shows the current percentage, a number between 0 and 100, then you are running in PH automation only and either don't have or are not using the ORP sensor.

I have not turned the system on yet, but that's another issue. It does seem that I have both sensors, as I purchased the whole, complete package.

Seems like I should try and reduce cya back down to what it was yesterday before adding some stabilizer. It was at 42. Not too bad, I guess.

Now, where's my siphoning hose?

Thanks Jason.

PS Now that I've been pouring bleach into the pool, it's not so bad. I'm getting used to this stuff and almost feel like I don't need the swg. (Yes, I've said it! lol) I've also read about not really needing the orp in outdoor pools, especially an swg such as mine for the size pool I have. (18' round AG). Oh well, just venting and daring myself to return this thing because I've been waiting on parts forever, so I can finally turn it on. OK Done. Thanks. Whew.

It's just that I'm torn between guidlelines for SWG or Non-SWG pool levels when testing. I think "Any day..." I'll turn it on, and I'm not sure at which levels to keep the pool running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.