Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Does the Pool Pilot TC have a PH or ORP sensor?

1. Back To Top    #1

Does the Pool Pilot TC have a PH or ORP sensor?

I'm trying to see what my cya levels should be with using the Pool Pilot TC with acid feeder. I may have made a mistake and raised my levels from 42 as of yesterday, to who knows what in a few days. I punched in the numbers in the Pool Calculator, and added some stabilizer. I may have to empty some water. No big deal.

So, is the sensor in the TC an "ORP" and needs to be at <50 CYA, like I've been reading, for the sensors to work, or is it PH and these cya levels won't effect it?
    18' x 54" Round AG 7500 gallon w/small prefab 2-piece fandeck
    Waterways 200sf Cartridge Filter, 1.5 hp 2-speed pump. 2" pvc piping
    Pool Pilot Total Control swg w/acid tank feeder
    Pool Rover Jr., BBB, TF 100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Does the Pool Pilot TC have a PH or ORP sensor?

The complete version of the AutoPilot Total Control system includes both PH and ORP sensors. It can also run in a PH only mode, where the ORP sensor is either not installed or ignored, and chlorine generation is done on a percentage basis as it would be with any other SWG.

If the display cycle shows the current ORP reading, typically a number around 650, you have and are using the ORP sensor. If the display cycle shows the current percentage, a number between 0 and 100, then you are running in PH automation only and either don't have or are not using the ORP sensor.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Does the Pool Pilot TC have a PH or ORP sensor?

I have not turned the system on yet, but that's another issue. It does seem that I have both sensors, as I purchased the whole, complete package.

Seems like I should try and reduce cya back down to what it was yesterday before adding some stabilizer. It was at 42. Not too bad, I guess.

Now, where's my siphoning hose?

Thanks Jason.

PS Now that I've been pouring bleach into the pool, it's not so bad. I'm getting used to this stuff and almost feel like I don't need the swg. (Yes, I've said it! lol) I've also read about not really needing the orp in outdoor pools, especially an swg such as mine for the size pool I have. (18' round AG). Oh well, just venting and daring myself to return this thing because I've been waiting on parts forever, so I can finally turn it on. OK Done. Thanks. Whew.

It's just that I'm torn between guidlelines for SWG or Non-SWG pool levels when testing. I think "Any day..." I'll turn it on, and I'm not sure at which levels to keep the pool running.
    18' x 54" Round AG 7500 gallon w/small prefab 2-piece fandeck
    Waterways 200sf Cartridge Filter, 1.5 hp 2-speed pump. 2" pvc piping
    Pool Pilot Total Control swg w/acid tank feeder
    Pool Rover Jr., BBB, TF 100 test kit