Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cal Hypo

1. Back To Top    #1

Cal Hypo

Hi guys do anyof you here have experience dosing cal hypo tabs via a feeder, iv seen comments that the feeder needs cleaning from time to time if not sludge forms, is this true?

Can i use a normal Rainbow chlorinator to feed?
    27,500gal IG plaster that needs recoating/painting!, Pentair Whisper-flo 1hp 2 speed, 48sf DE, Pentair Legend II pressure-side cleaner, BBB newbie

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cal Hypo

Quote Originally Posted by aho.lwi
    Hi guys do anyof you here have experience dosing cal hypo tabs via a feeder, iv seen comments that the feeder needs cleaning from time to time if not sludge forms, is this true?
    yes
    Can i use a normal Rainbow chlorinator to feed?
    No, you need a vented cal hypo feeder.

3. Back To Top    #3

Cal-hypo feeders are very different from trichlor feeders because cal-hypo dissolves so quickly compared to trichlor. You can't use cal-hypo in a trichlor feeder and you can't use trichlor in a cal-hypo feeder.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

SOrry whats the difference from a vented feeder and a standard chlorinator? Please excuse me ima noob on this..

So what sort of feeders should i be going for ?
    27,500gal IG plaster that needs recoating/painting!, Pentair Whisper-flo 1hp 2 speed, 48sf DE, Pentair Legend II pressure-side cleaner, BBB newbie

5. Back To Top    #5

and where can i get them?

6. Back To Top    #6

iv got an air bleed valve on my feeder which i can fit an air release valve if thats what you call it, if so can it be used?

Basically fed up with using TCCA, all the problems it has caused me lately.