Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Soft sided pool - full deck surround?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vernon, BC Canada - Pool is in Maricopa AZ (currently a holiday place)

Soft sided pool - full deck surround?

Okay, so I love the look of rectangular pools, we're going to have a deck all around ours (our lot slopes away from the house so we can dig down to have a ground level deck without an inground pool) - so now I'm looking at a softsided pool (eg tuff pools, chois (alberca) etc.) - see the photo here http://www.tuffpools.com/photo16.html

I want at least 52 inch sides, so tuffpools as a brand is out, and think with a full deck around the softsided might be durable enough for our needs without some of the fussing with liners etc.. Does anyone have their softsided pool with a full deck? I'm not sure how much access we would need to the pool for fixing leaks etc.

We would plan to leave it up all winter as we're on well water and the cost of the water truck each year would not be justified.

Any thoughts?
    Inground 12500 gallon 96 foot perimeter, 24 by 24 pool (6 by 24 of which is a "wet deck" or tanning ledge), intellibrite in spa and pool, 2 pentair LED bubblers in tanning ledge, built in table in pool, spillover spa, pebble radiance, Pentair Mastertemp 400K BTU heater, Blue Square Q360 infloor cleaner, VS2050 pump, auto leveler, Pentair easytouch 4 with wireless controller, Pentair 420 filter, custom natural gas firepit with cobalt glass.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Soft sided pool - full deck surround?

The Splash SuperPools site has a photo gallery with rectangular, soft-side AG pools built into decks.

http://www.splashsuperpools.com/Splash_ ... sp?idcat=8

Tom
    17' x 29.5' x 4' Splash Superpool AGP, 15,000 gal, Hayward S244T sand filter, Sta-Rite ABG4E-2A4BBB 1hp pump, BBB / TF100 test kit
    East-Central Illinois

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

This is a deck I built on a soft sided pool. It is a two level deck that covers about half the pool. In the wonderful world of pool decks, anything is possible. It just depends on how much you want to spend.

http://www.shadebuilder.com/Wood_Decks_ ... Pools.html

Aside from filter access, and I like plenty of that, I do not think you would have any other concerns. Not that I know of anyway.
    Pro pool installer for over 35 years
    Shadebuilder.com

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vernon, BC Canada - Pool is in Maricopa AZ (currently a holiday place)

Thanks Dennis, I'm in the midst of purchasing confusion - we're going to be building a full deck, so I find the soft sided appealing just because of the margin of error (seems easier to install, with durability where we need it, in the liner). It also seems simpler for decking than needing to leave access for liners etc. Finally I like the pure rectangle shape. We're looking at Chois and EZpool - any comments or suggestions on either vendor (or softsided generally?)

Thanks!
    Inground 12500 gallon 96 foot perimeter, 24 by 24 pool (6 by 24 of which is a "wet deck" or tanning ledge), intellibrite in spa and pool, 2 pentair LED bubblers in tanning ledge, built in table in pool, spillover spa, pebble radiance, Pentair Mastertemp 400K BTU heater, Blue Square Q360 infloor cleaner, VS2050 pump, auto leveler, Pentair easytouch 4 with wireless controller, Pentair 420 filter, custom natural gas firepit with cobalt glass.