Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any ideas how to fix Check valve threaded coupler?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any ideas how to fix Check valve threaded coupler?

I've had a crack in threaded coupler (if that is what you call it? ) on my check valve (I assume this is to stop black flow to the solar panel on the roof) for a few years but it finally gave out on my today, as you can see below.

Is my only option to cut the 90 out and replace that section or is there an easier way? I'm headed to the pool store in the am but wanted to know my options before I go.

The left hand side is fine and I don't want to touch anything on that side if I don't have too.

Any recommendations or tricks of the trade that may save me some money and more important my sanity?

Also when I took the valve apart, the spring was off, and it appears that the nut on the other side was missing so this valve has not been "working" for a while. Not that I've had any problems that I know of from the solar panels, air, or anything else....

Thanks in advance.
    Not so Rude
    -Rudedog

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Any ideas how to fix Check valve threaded coupler?

I would just cut and replace with a new check valve, but you technically can repair it with Plast-Aid although which one would cost more is up in the air.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Any ideas how to fix Check valve threaded coupler?

Thanks PertPool

I replaced it however I could not find an exact replacement thus I had to replace more then I wanted too. But I'm happy with the outcome.
    Not so Rude
    -Rudedog