Help! We need light working before the 4th!

Jul 23, 2007
pacific nw
Opened up the pool this season & found the aqua luminator light not working so ordered a replacement bulb which we put in today which also doesn't work. We've had the light for 7 or 8 yrs & have been happy with it & this is only the 2nd time we've had to replace the bulb. Does anyone know how to test 1 of these to rule out a problem of another sort, like maybe the transformer that came with the light is shot or something? I can't find anywhere what the volt or wattage is on this bulb or the whole light set up. And only 1 week til the 4th of July party, I'm feeling desperate. Any thoughts would be much appreciated !

Most all those lights are 12volts. The transformer reduces the voltage from 120v to 12v If you have a multimeter you can unhook the transformer and test both sets wires for continuity. If one of the sets of windings are open the transformer is shot. If you're comfortable with troubleshooting live electrical equipment you can hook it up and see if you read voltage on the light side.

2 weeks ago we had to fix an identical problem - the solution in this case was to bend the little tabs closer to each other --- whoever had replaced the bulb before we went out there had bent one of them a little, preventing the bulb from fully touching the contact 8)

This is the first time I've seen that, but it won't hurt to try it and if it doesn't work, check the transformer as per above :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.