Inconsistent Return Flow (super newbie)

Won't go into details here, but I have moved into a house with a long ignored in-ground swimming pool. Last year I got it cleaned just in time to close it last year, opened it up this year, and it's time to fine tune...

Now I am finding that there are several fine tuning type problems, and I'm not even really sure where to begin. Figure I have to start somewhere so why not here. There is only one return into the pool. It is shooting out really inconsistently. I shot a video to try and capture what's happening but it's kind of hard to tell. Perhaps take a look...

[youtube:2frnui9i]Qz_g_mpPOkU[/youtube:2frnui9i]

As you can see there are quite a few air bubbles coming to the surface. Not all the time though, just every few seconds. I know this is not a lot of info to go on, but if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to chime in.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give, and I plan on spending a whole lot of time here this summer, so please be patient with a guy who is in way over his head.

THANKS!

If there is air in the pump basket, then you might have an air leak in the suction side plumbing. Air will build up in the filter and then exit the returns. Air leaks are usually casued by the pump basket lid not sealing properly or the drain plugs not sealed properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.