Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Advice on deck jets. with pics

1. Back To Top    #1

Advice on deck jets. with pics

Here are the jets before concrete. The PB concrete guy ,who did my band but isn't doing the big pour, said he would not feel comfortably pouring on top of the flange, that you see, cause the concrete would more than likely crack. The flange is built into the body. Also, how does one get the concrete around the deck jet neatly and still be able to unscrew the fitting to change out the spray pattern, and keep it recessed??? You can see the two little notched looking things right up against the ball. That is what you use to unscrew the ring around the ball .
    I thought this would be so simple
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Advice on deck jets. with pics

Those jets look like they can be used as an in wall jet on vinyl liner or fiberglass pools. Have you looked at the directions carefully. From the picture it looks like the plastic nut is only to be used when installed in a wall. In that case the nut goes behind the wall and the flange goes poolside. I would guess in a deck application that neither is used. You need to use plumbers tape or a similar tape to tape off the top when they pour.

I could be wrong, but check the instructions to see if the nut and flange are used in a deck installation.
    20 x 45 Inground vinyl, ~34,500 gallons,
    4 returns, 2 skimmers, dual main drain
    Pentair EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, MiniMaxNT 400, TR100 sand filter,
    Whisperflo .34/2 hp 2 speed, Polaris 280 w/ polaris booster pump,
    Wild ride slide, InterFab techni spring base w/ 8' InterFab olympian board
    APC 365 dark gray auto cover

3. Back To Top    #3

According to the directions here, the housing should of come with an insert to protect the housing. The jet fitting should be removed and insert installed. Tape the top part of the housing and flange and have the installers concrete up to the bottom of the flange. However, I don't know if this will be the natural level of the concrete or not. This may require a slight depression at the fitting.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

Just and update. The gunite shield was left out of the box. So I decided we would work without it. Cut off the plastic flange, did not want a thin layer of concrete of top of it. Afraid concrete would crack. Didn't use the plastic nut nor gasket either. Taped the top of the jet and poured to it. Worked out pretty well considering we didn't have the concrete shield. Just hope it holds up. Here's the end result.
    Thanks for the help guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html