BBB newbie, new numbers

Hi everyone, wanted to post my new numbers

FC 5
CC 0
TC 5
PH 7.8 (Still don't trust my readings on this, but close)
TA 110
CH 270
CYA 40
Temp 80

I had a big storm two days ago, hail and everything. I was outside hanging on to my mesh gazebo so it wouldnt blow away.

Questions:

1. On the CH test (I have the TF100) at 27 drops the color turned light blue. It remained light blue at 32 and 35. Is my reading correct at 27 drops because there was a color change? Is it suppose to turn dark blue?

2. I think my CYA dropped from 60 to 40 because of the storm (had to drain water) and I have a lot of splashout with a lot of kids in the pool. Should I leave my CYA at 40? Then my target FC is only 5. Been trying to keep it at 6 or 7 with the 60 read.

3. Anyone know anything about computers? Two of my kids were fighting over my laptop, looks like they cracked the screen or something, now I have a big black pile of stuff on the screen on the right side. Is it a goner or can I have the screen replaced? I am on my desktop now.

Thanks, I love my BBB pool, haven't been to the pool store in a while, they are probably wondering why I haven't been there. Bought Aldi's 96 oz bleach at $1.20 something. Water is clear.

Thanks, Lisa

Hi, Lisa,

You are quickly getting a good grasp of BBB.....very nice work on your pool.

1. Yes, once the color changes, that's the end of your CH test.....270 is right. sometimes it's even diferent colord to start and end but it the change you are looking for

2. I would wait a week running a little les FC and see the results before adding back CYA. My suspicion is you will lose more FC to the sun as 60 will give you somewhat more protection but it is not earthshaking one way or the other.

3. Can't help with computers

4. Next thunderstorm, don't grip that gazebo too tightly or you'll end up in Kansas with Dorothy :lol:

2. I think my CYA dropped from 60 to 40 because of the storm (had to drain water) and I have a lot of splashout with a lot of kids in the pool. Should I leave my CYA at 40? Then my target FC is only 5. Been trying to keep it at 6 or 7 with the 60 read.

Test and find out. CYA 40 is better than 60. You'd use less bleach. Check the chart at Pool School

3. Anyone know anything about computers? Two of my kids were fighting over my laptop, looks like they cracked the screen or something, now I have a big black pile of stuff on the screen on the right side. Is it a goner or can I have the screen replaced? I am on my desktop now.

When you turm it on, do you see anything? Suppose the screen is damaged, the rest of the hardware should be OK.
Every part of a laptop can be changed, including the screen, but sometimes it's not cost effective. If the laptop cost you 400-600 maybe it's not a good idea to repair. What's the barnd name? What's the CPU, RAM size, HD size, optical drive, screen size, etc. and purchase cost? When did you get it? Call the tech support and ask how much would it be to replace the screen.

Ok, will leave CYA as is, like using less bleach better. It has been real hot here lately, 94 degrees last week and sunny but is cooling off this week.

As for my laptop computer, most of the screen you can see but there is a diagonal line on the right half of the screen(probably where they were grabbing onto it) and underneath that line is just a bunch of colored vertical lines. It is an HP in the $600 range. I will call tech support. I have a feeling it will not be cost effective to repair, may have to buy a new one. Thanks for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.