One week out/CYA test??

frustratedpoolmom said:
PH?

Haven't checked pH cause my FC has been so high. I would suspect it is high also. I'll check it if you want me to.

Did the FC hold overnight?[

No. There were several people in the pool yesterday and I shocked it to 24 last night after they left. Was 17 this a.m./quote]

But now that I know my CYA, my shock level is only 12??????

Then don't let the FC drop to 5. Keep it at 12 (since it's 17 you don't need to add any), till you add more CYA, then bump the FC up accordingly as the CYA is added.

You want to continue with liquid chlorine until the FC is holding overnight, then you can let it drop and turn on the SWG.

I forgot about the high ph thing. It's early, I'm not fully awake yet. Should I even be GIVING ADVICE! :mrgreen: lol

But now that I know my CYA, my shock level is only 12??????
Nevertheless, if you lost that much FC overnight, you are losing it to organics (algae) that exist in your pool. You should continue to hold your pool at shock level until you have less than 1ppm overnite loss.

You can allow your FC to drift down to 12 if you wish but I think you'll have much better luck keeping it around 16ppm.

Thanks FPMom and Dave. Amazingly, what you two just said was what I was going to do :shock: Maybe I'm getting the hang of it :-D
FPMom, I'll take your advice anytime, even if you're not 100% awake :goodjob:

So do I adjust my shock level as soon as I put the CYA in the socks in the water, or give it some time to dissolve??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.