fresh fish

exiled

Jun 7, 2009
las vegas (sin city)
howdy gents and ladys

new pool owner and first time home owner and boy am i in trouble. i know 0 about pools i can build you a 800hp turbo motorcycle but a pool i have no clue. ive been lurking on the site for a few weeks and saw the BBB method :goodjob: thats what im doing now. ive already purchased 10 boxes of borax after see the price difference to the soda ash plus it works great for laundry and cleaning the house. the prior owner of the house left me a few chems and i was going to purchase a bunch until i found this site thanks again. well down to business got the pool up and running had a bit of alge when first started i knew enough to shock the pool first thing from what ive heard people say who owned pools it cleared up. took some water in to get it tested at local pool store :hammer: there less the helpful purchased a epool monitor which works pretty good and its accurate to my test kit they prior owner left a taylor k2006. so here are my test numbers im having a TA problem the main problem is my source water is around 150 to 180TA to begin with ive been doing the MA since i found the site and my ph seems to stay stable now any thoughts on what to do??? i have a water softener in my home which is my source water should i make a connection to prior to my softener for my pool ??? any suggestions would be appreciated

Ph 7.5-7.6
FC 6
CC 2 yes i know i need to shock it some more this should be 0
TA 160 at 1200 am sat morning
CH test turns faint pink then takes about 50 drops and turns clear????
CYA unknown i need a new bottle to mix the drops and water in will purchase in the morning :goodjob:

Welcome to TFP!

I don't recommend the ePool. Last month we had a number of reports from people with defective units, some who had had the unit replaced several times only to have every single one of them be defective. And even when it is working it tends to push Leslie's products that you don't necessarily want to be using.

Finding out your CYA level is fairly important. It is difficult to make any specific recommendations without knowing that.

ok new test numbers as of 930am

PH 7.6
FC 6
CC 1.5 down from 2
CH 230
TA 140-150
CYA 100 :grrrr: :grrrr: stupid tabs no more liquid chlorine from now on

TDS 4000 i have a water softener which makes this so high

and of course the pool store tried to sell me a bunch of junk i didnt need cause he said my phosphates were high around 2500 he claims :blah:

ok gents any suggestions i know drain refill water to lower CYA so ill work on that this week :goodjob: and ill put my aerators back in the returns and keep them going, well draining the pool with also lower TA so ill hold off on the MA for a few days.

You need to shock the pool to get your CC level down. It will be much simpler to do that if your lower your CYA level first. In the mean time, you should keep FC up around 10.

There probably isn't any need to lower TA right away. You only need to lower TA if you are having a problem with the PH rising annoyingly quickly.

JasonLion said:
You need to shock the pool to get your CC level down. It will be much simpler to do that if your lower your CYA level first. In the mean time, you should keep FC up around 10.

There probably isn't any need to lower TA right away. You only need to lower TA if you are having a problem with the PH rising annoyingly quickly.

no my ph likes to drop not rise, but a partial drain is gonna happen to lower the CYA i doused the pool with a bunch of chlorine gonna check it again in a hr or so to bring the FC to 10ish ill work on draining the pool tonight or tomorrow nite since its about 114 in my back yard right now

you guys rock this site is such a great place :party: :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.