Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My FC turned pink again?

1. Back To Top    #1

My FC turned pink again?

Forgot to mention this in all my worry about measuring CYA... and I've developed the habit of checking pH first, FC second, then TA, & so forth. For some reason, while I was doing all my testing yesterday, I did the FC first. The vial turned clear, I added the CC reagent, vial turned clear again. I got my results, and simply set the vial aside, rather than immediately dumping the water like usual. I did the TA test. When I finished with that one, I looked at the chlorine vial, and the contents had turned pink again.

Is this normal? I am very careful to make sure the vial turns absolutely clear on the FC and CC tests, and almost always compare it to a sheet of paper to ensure any hint of the pink is gone. Why will it turn pink again after sitting for a few minutes? Are all my test results now questionnable?
    Greg R.

12,000 gallon fiberglass in-ground, Aqua-Rite SWG, 1 HP single speed Hayward Super Pump, Hayward 200# top valve sand filter, 150K BTU Natural Gas heater, automatic cover, Blue Diamond robot, and lots of noodles.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My FC turned pink again?

yes, this usually happens if you let it sit more than, I dunno, 15 seconds? Do not worry about it, does not affect your test results.
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, I do believe it's normal for it to turn back to pink after several minutes if you just leave it sit there.
    IG 12' x 39' - 20k Gallons - Vinyl Lined - StaRite Cristal-Flo II 26" Sand Filter - Hayward SuperPump 1 hp - Dolphin Dynamic autocleaner - Lochinvar Energyrite gas heater - Aqua Rite SWCG T-15 - TF100 Test Kit - Skimlite Duallly 9016 pole (great pole)

4. Back To Top    #4

ooooookay. Duly noted.

Thanks for the reassurance!
    Greg R.

12,000 gallon fiberglass in-ground, Aqua-Rite SWG, 1 HP single speed Hayward Super Pump, Hayward 200# top valve sand filter, 150K BTU Natural Gas heater, automatic cover, Blue Diamond robot, and lots of noodles.