Newly replastered black pool

RickD

Jun 17, 2009
Filled pool and started balancing five days ago. Last night checked pH (6.9--pool contractor recommended keeping it low to offset new plaster impact on pH) and chlorine at 2. This morning woke up to a totally milky white, cloudy pool, with white powder noticeable on the first step (couldn't see below first step). I drew a cross in the powder with my finger, and it was so fine it dissipated like smoke.

I have been brushing the pool since Monday but with little residue noticeable, until now.

My question is: 1) is the cloudiness due to the new plaster and 2) how best to eliminate the cloudiness. I have Sparkle up to add to the sand filter, or should I use a flocculant and vacuum?

Thanks for your comments.

Plaster dust is fairly common when you do a standard startup. Make sure you keep the PH under control, keep brushing, run the pump all the time, keep the filter clean as needed, and the filter should catch up eventually.

I have my camera set on the 640x480 pixel size and I don't have any trouble loading them. All you have to do is browse, select the pic off your computer and click add the file. You can do three in a post. Great big pics are no fun to view. You have to do too much scrolling. :roll:

To attach a photo, you could open a free Photobucket.com account and upload your photos to their site, using their instructions.

Once there, you copy the "IMG code" they give each pic, and paste that code into your message here, and the pic will appear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.