Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump Placement

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump Placement

Good afternoon! I will have my 27' AG installed in the next two weeks. All the info seems to indicate the pump/filter needs to be on the low side of the pool. Is there a reason I can't put it on the high side (landscape wise) other than run-off from back-flushing (which I will construct drainage for). Thanks!
    AG Miramar 27'x54" (Not yet installed).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump Placement

you can put it on the high side if you get inground pump equip...otherwise abg pool pumps are not self priming and should be below water level
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

The top of the filter needs to be lower than the water level, anywhere that is true is fine.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Jason, do you mean the top of the pump? I don't believe I've ever seen a filter as you describe.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

5. Back To Top    #5

I mean whatever is highest. All of the pump/filter needs to be below water level. Usually the highest point on the equipment is the top of the filter.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School