Came home to the pool (gone 5 days) and a hint of green, some darker growths around the edge, and 0 chlorine. The skimmer was rather full of debris (3 dead frogs) and limited effectiveness of my swg.
Didn't have time (leaving again) to do the full shock treatment, so I just added some of the polyquot (recommended in the stain treatment).
Return 3 days later, and pool is crystal clear, but still less than .5 cl level.
Dumped in enough chlorox to come up to 5 ppm, but tested right away and only measured about .5 ppm. CYA was about 70 a month ago.
1) What does the polyquot, how does it work? Is it masking a lurking algae growth?
2) How long after adding chlorine should u wait to get accurate reading?
3) Should I ignore the pleasantly sparkling and clear water and do the full shock treatment? or give it some time to see if I can make it up to and hold 5 ppm?