So this is where everyone went

Yes, poolforum was great, it is how I found this forum, but it was not much help to those of us who found it after it was not allowing anyone new to register and post. This is a great forum and I hope more of the resources at poolforum will also visit this forum regularly. The more knowledge the better I always say. :-D

As a pool forum refugee I was left to wander aimlessly through the internet wilderness looking for a place I could register.

It is somewhat remarkable that poolforum has remained a viable forum despite not allowing registrations for close to a year. That's a testament to the loyalty and dedication of the user community they had there. But no online community can survive without the introduction of new blood. New users bring new ideas and spur conversation.

Poolforum is a valuable resource. It will be a shame if poolforum dies a slow death due to the lack of new users. It would be a travesty if a forum such as this didn't spring up to fill the void and carry forward the wealth of information. As this forum matures it will develop it's own sense of community and loyal following.

In the meantime I'm setting up camp before the flood of the refugee's arrive and stakeout all the good spots.

Welcome to the land of milk and honey. :lol: j/k

I'm glad to see so many people making their way here, be it via the search engines (where we are finally starting to show up) or through word of mouth at other sites like PF.

Thanks so much to those of you spreading the word about TFP and posting links back here! The more that happens, the higher we will climb on the search engines.

Thanks again and welcome!

AggieTexan said:
I lurk quite a bit on here and 2 other pool sites, one of which is (was?) Pool Forum. I wonder if Pool Forum finally crashed. I haven't been able to get on in about 3 days. If so, it's great that TFP was already up and running! Thanks!

I just checked and PF still seems to be up and running. You aren't overseas at the moment are you? I know PF has been unavailable in Europe for awhile now.

Glad you made it here.