Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Set-up Question (sand base)

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Set-up Question (sand base)

I filled out as much info as I could on my signature, hope it will work for now. I am in the process of setting up my AGP. I had someone come out and get my pad leveled today. I have almost pure sand after removing all the grass and leveling. It is like walking in powder although it is solid. Do I still need to haul in sand to put under the liner? I am planning on spraying the area with Pramitol 25e tomorrow, which is a suppose to kill any vegatation for at least a year. I do have a few roots, but will pull and cut all before I try and put the liner down. My concern is doing this right the first time, I do not want to do it more than once.
    18X33 AGP, 14kgal., 20" sand filter with 100lbs Zeobest, not sure of pump size or flow

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: New Pool Set-up Question (sand base)

If you already have sand everywhere, you shouldn't need to add more. You want a clean base that will rake out very smooth and pack down well. Most people need to add sand to get that, but from your description it sounds like you already have it.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School