Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Discolored Plaster

1. Back To Top    #1

Discolored Plaster

Hello Everybody.
    I need some help with my plain gray colored plaster.
    Here are some links showing a light discolored area that appears to "flow" from shallow end to deep end. Also, there appears to be a round sort of pooling area in the deep end.

This pool was finished last November.

I have also included a picture of some stains on the plaster where they dropped sealer. This is around all of the pool, some of it is just dark areas, some has chalked up like bird poop.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Discolored Plaster

Plaster does have the tendancy to mottle over time but I think it is too soon for that. I would say this might be a problem with the installation and you might want to have a talk with the installer.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

What brand of plaster is it? There is vast differences in the dyes used in pool plaster and application. Have the plaster council do an inspection. Google National Plaster Council

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Frank R
    What brand of plaster is it? There is vast differences in the dyes used in pool plaster and application. Have the plaster council do an inspection. Google National Plaster Council
    I did this and found that the people who applied the plaster are members of the NPC. Who specifically do I need(manufacturer, appliers, etc.) to do this inspection?

Also, The sealer got on the plaster when one of the contractors morons sealed the coping before the pool had filled with water.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Under Technical Information link on the left, you will find a link for pool inspection. They will schedule one for you. You will then have an evaluation from an expert in the industry. I hope this helps.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

I could be wrong, i have seen this before. I think it is from the plasterers using water when they did the final hard trowel. with the water at the end, the pigment started to come out of the plaster.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.