How long is the acid pump supposed to run per hour?

Oct 23, 2008
Bonita Springs, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I installed a Stenner acid pump with a Sense & Dispense system from Goldline. There is a 2 hour timeout feature that will stop the acid pump from dispensing acid if the target pH is not met. When there is a call for acid, the acid pump will only run for about 8 seconds and then shuts off and will then cycle back on about 30 seconds later and then repeat this cycle. Is this the way this system is supposed to work? I thought the controller was supposed to run the acid pump continuously until the acid demand was met and then shut off and not cycle on/off.

That behavior sounds normal to me. They are trying to get the acid more spread across the entire volume of the pool. You would only want to run the pump continuously when making large PH changes, which that system can't actually do. It is designed to maintain PH, so it assumes that the current PH is almost right to begin with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.