Here we go again

edbson

Jun 25, 2007
We have had 15 or so inches of rain, a busted filter hose and now my pool is a lovely creamy green. I am waiting for the silicone to cure on the hose then I am going to hit it with TONS of bleach. My CYA is 30 so how many gallons should I need to bring it to shock level? The pool is 10K gallons, give or take.
I am actually going to have to let water out before I do anything.

edbson,
With cya 30, you need 12.5 ppm minimum free chlorine. For your 10,000 give or take pool, that would require 266 oz of 6% bleach, or 160 oz of 10% chlorinating liquid, or 133 oz of 12% chlorinating liquid. If you let water out and then refill, you will reduce your cya.

Thanks for the input!@

I have to let out several inches of rain water, Have been letting it out pretty regularly all week. Thanks for the info, I have several gallons of 10% bleach( was on sale)so I will use that. I am not at all sure what my FC is right now, it is still raining so I am going to wait a bit to test.

edbson said:
Thanks for the input!@

I have to let out several inches of rain water, Have been letting it out pretty regularly all week. Thanks for the info, I have several gallons of 10% bleach( was on sale)so I will use that. I am not at all sure what my FC is right now, it is still raining so I am going to wait a bit to test.

I hear you on the rain. I've had 25" in the last 12 weeks. I probably should have noted that the amounts of chlorine I mentioned would add 12.5 ppm free chlorine to whatever free chlorine was already present. But you probalby already knew that 8)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.