Is my Zodiac Cell Dead??

Jun 23, 2009
Is my Zodiac Cell Dead??
Lurked here for a long time, great site!!!

This is our fourth year with a LM2-10 Cell. Never used the Nature 2 thing they sold me. Have not had any issues previously.
If the cell still produces lots of fine bubbles when looking at it in the chamber does that mean it is still working?? Or is it just faking me out producing bubbles with no CL.

Does not seem to be scaling up like years before and I am struggling to maintain FC.
NACl, CYA, PH, TA all good.

If the cell is still producing CL by the cloud of bubbles coming off it, I guess I have to look into a mustard algae issue. Getting some collecting on bottom.

Thanks for any info.

Welcome to TFP!

Bubbles almost always mean it is working correctly. You probably have a low level algae problem. Either do an overnight FC loss test, or just go ahead and shock the pool.

We can give you more specific advice if you post a full set of water test results.

Thanks for the replies!!!

I will shock and do the overnite FC test. I have a hunch its pesky algae.
I am reassured by what you say about the cell-action. Don't think I would replace it anyway even if it is dead but need to know if I should start buying bleach in quantity.

Thanks again.

Ah Ha! Just did a CL test by the cell. Yup its producing CL, not huge but it is working.
Why didn't I think of this???? Geniuses you are, I'll tell ya!

Next steps, a good shock and borax-ville. Bye-bye algae!

Thanks for advice and a great site!! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.