Lot's of people comming over...

JasonK

May 13, 2009
Topeka, KS
Hello! I'm hosting a Pool / Bachelor / Bachelorette party tomorrow evening. We are expecting 20 -100 people what should I do to prepare for this party?? We have the main things covered margarita machine, Keg, Food. Should I worry about chemicals during the party? This will be our biggest party since Last 4th of July. Thanks. Oh ya, I'm a BBB user. I do use granule shock, and pucks in the skimmer.

First, BBB does not prescribe granular shock or pucks in skimmer. :mrgreen:

Pucks in skimmer are a big no-no . :whip:

I would use liquid chlorine and increase your FC level before the party by 3-4 ppm. Then when the party is over, check your FC levels and add chlorine if necessary.

What time should I be there? :wink:

But most importantly, HAVE FUN! :goodjob:

Okay maybe I should I say all last year we used Borax and baking soda used Pucks for Chlorine along with shock. Only this year have we used bleach. We done this at opening and have been trying to become accustom to using it.

Okay I'm a compete idiot when it comes to pools, but I'm trying, I really am!! *lol*

Why no Pucks in the skimmer? Ever?

6pm Bring a side dish and test strips... *s*

I miss my single days and having pool parties. Just some thoughts to share based on my experience with pool parties, you most likely have these things covered already....

1) Jello shots, if you have time they are worth the effort, for whatever flavor jello you make, use a coresponding flavored vodka.

2) Plastic solo cups and a marker so folks can wite their names on them. No matter how many times I said no glass, somebody brought something in glass. It will break and find its way into your pool

3) inflatable rafts are good if you have them

4) tiki torches, they help set the mood at night and keep the bugs away

5) I don't have a pool house or outside restroom, so floor runners, a carpet type top with rubber bottom, keep your floors dry and your guest safe from slipping and falling

6) extra towels

7) Wish I could be there :cry:

:shock: Jello-shots :shock:

I'm planning on Hitting one of the local Dollar store to get a bunch of Cheezie Rings, The little kiddy ones. Maybe make a game of who can actually fit into one off the diving board???

Tiki torches - never thought of that I'll have to get some of those too.

:goodjob:

cortlinsdaddy said:
I'm planning on Hitting one of the local Dollar store to get a bunch of Cheezie Rings, The little kiddy ones. Maybe make a game of who can actually fit into one off the diving board???

:goodjob:

LOL please take video if you do....

Good advice on the "no glass allowed" :goodjob:

Why no pucks in skimmers: Pucks are acidic. If you leave the puck sitting in the skimmer, while the pump is off, the water there becomes very low in PH and can be corrosive to the equipment and cause the skimmer plastic to become brittle and break. It is an non-issue if one uses a low/variable speed pump that runs 24/7.

Also keep in mind that many tablets are now containing copper - be sure to read ingredient labels on the tablets you buy... you don't want anything with copper in it.

When my mom was doing pool parties at the swim club, she would get two pair of blue jeans, socks, t-shirts and sweat shirts, throw them in the pool and whoever got dressed the fastest won. It'd be funny just watching a jello intoxicated person trying to do it, let alone a kid! :mrgreen:

We would also have races with whole watermelon lubed up with vasaline in the pool. Try holding on to that! :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well we did have a great time, once the bizarre storm blew through. Best man ended up falling off the 6.5" slide, had to call 911, he got 7 staples to the back of the head..... After that the party got interesting, Few girls lost their tops. Being a guy, that was interesting and pleasant. Feel pretty sorry for the best man, but he is doing good, sore, but better day by day. I just have my fingers crossed that we don't get ...... sued...... :hammer:

We have talked and he knows he should not have been on there. but that is what insurance if for if it ever comes to that.

Will we host another party??? YES.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.