New to the forum and pool disaster area. pic heavy

I added a 1.5" return that will direct water to the shallow end.
The return below the skimmer will direct water to the center of the hopper.
Hopefully the water will circulate in a figure 8 pattern.

The pump is a Hayward 2 speed. I think it's a 2.5 and .25 hp

Finally.
It is complete.

I am a bit upset that I hired someone to do this job. I could have easily done everything they did, but I just didn't know what to do. So basically, I paid a lot of money for a lesson in pool repair.

Oh well.

On to the pics.

Here they are skimming the hopper with vermiculite.
IMG_1501r.jpg

This is a pic of the turbo skimmer and the return I added.
IMG_1502r.jpg

I drilled the hole in the wall big enough for a fitting to go through. The fitting is affixed to a piece of stainless plate which is screwed to the wood.
Please note the countersunk screws. :)
IMG_1506r.jpg

Here is the turbo return. The old face plate was not usable anymore so I ended up buying a 1.5" threaded face plate.
The fitting in the pic has a large protrusion that would not allow the threaded plate to be screwed in so I ground off the protrusion to make it flush with the screw holes. Now the threaded cover plate can screw on to the fitting and I could screw a large directional nozzle in place.
IMG_1505r.jpg

Here they are dropping the liner
IMG_1508r.jpg

The pump pad
IMG_1504r.jpg

Don't laugh at my plumbing skills (or lack thereof)
The pump is a hayward super pump 1.5hp 2 speed
Intermatic T10604R 2 speed pump timer
Filter is a hayward 244t
And a circupool swg. I probably would go with a different brand if I did it again.

I am open to suggestions if you see something here that is amiss.
IMG_1515r.jpg

Finally the finished product.
IMG_1512r.jpg

The pool holds approx 19000 gallons.
12 bags of salt brought the level to almost 3100ppm. I didn't think one could taste 3100 ppm of salt.

Now I have until early mid/late October or early November to enjoy it if the weather cooperates.

At least it didn't cave in before I fixed it.

Thanks to those of you who gave tips and advice. I learned a lot here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.