how to repair flexible hose?

May 17, 2009
Jasper, TN
This may be a simple task but I haven't disconnected it yet to take a closer look.

There is a flexible hose (looks like some vacuum hoses, with 'ribs' on it) from the skimmer to the pump. It's leaking where the large rubber connector is clamped onto the skimmer.

Is the end of those hoses molded or is it fixable?

I know a pic would be desireable. If my description is too confusing I'll try and get one up today.

IF the hose has a hole or crack, you should just replace it. If it is leaking where the plumbing meets, you can try teflon tape around the male end of the connection, and try reattaching it, usually the teflon tape seals the connection better. (I'm assuming here you don't have teflon tape on the joint already.)

Yes, pics are always helpful. We're trying to envision what you describe but I could be way off! :oops:

Maybe this link will help, if not I'll get a pic of my actual hose later this evening:

http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Equipment ... and-Clamp/

If you look in that pic, the black hose is similar to mine. It's leaking right where the connector connects to the hose itself, not where it's clamped to the skimmer.

I thought I saw some info somewhere that you can shorten those hoses and that the 'ends' can be pushed back over the hose where you cut it to shorten it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.