Help! Everything tests perfect, but pool is still green :(

Jun 22, 2009
I don't know what to do any more! All my levels are testing just right, and my water is still green. When I flock it, it is crystal clear, then I vacuum everything to waste, backwash, and filter again. The next day the water is green again. Could it have to do with the well water I am adding after vacuuming? Any ideas?

yes post your test results and method of testing..."perfect" does not equal green water....some numbers will help us help you...are you able to hold your FC overnight?

Is your well water treated in any way before it comes out of the house faucets? We inject bleach in ours, then filter that out with a carbon filter. If your water is treated, are you adding treated water or straight well water? If straight well water, have you had it tested by a water testing company?

If you can access straight well water you might run some into a glass and let it sit in the sun for a day. If it turns green, well . . . (no pun intened).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.