Leaving my pool for 10-12 days

May 6, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
I'm leaving on my annual salmon fishing trip with the boys on Wed and I want to be sure my sweetie does not have much to worry about. She will monitor the Cl and Ph and my neighbor can help her out if anything changes drastically. I just completed a full set of tests and results as follows;
CC-0
TC 5.5
Ph-7.5-7.8
TA-100
Ch-80
Cya-60-ish

I worked the PC and plan to add 5K Baking Soda and 3K stabilizer. So i have a question. Will the addition of those two items change the PH and if so what should I be prepared to do so it can be done early tomorrow. :fish: I don't really want to be trying to balance anything on Wed with more IMPORTANT things on my mind. :party: :whoot: :fish: :nemo:

Cheers

If it were me I would bring your CL to 10 and then tell her to watch it as it drifts back down to 5 or so .. which should take 3 -4 days to drift down depending on sunlight and bather load.

If you go above 10 its recommended you dont swim in the pool

Hey oletrout,

Going to Newfoundland, huh? :-D Take lots of pix for us :whoot:

Okay, Baking Soda , NO. You do not want your TA higher.

Stabilizer, Yes. On the stabilizer, you are going from to 60 to 80? If yes, then I get about 2.9kg too.
(I thought you had already added this :? )

Have a great trip :-D

TizMe said:
If it were me I would bring your CL to 10 and then tell her to watch it as it drifts back down to 5 or so .. which should take 3 -4 days to drift down depending on sunlight and bather load.
Tiz, OP has a SWG :wink:
If you go above 10 its recommended you dont swim in the pool
Generally, most folks say it is okay to swim if FC levels are above the minimum and below shock levels for your CYA.

Butterfly said:
Hey oletrout,
Okay, Baking Soda , NO. You do not want your TA higher.

Jeez I'm glad you are on the ball Joyce. I said i worked the PC to get those #'s. Well, I did. Except I stupidly reversed the Now and Goal regarding the TA level:oops: :oops:

Stabilizer, Yes. On the stabilizer, you are going from to 60 to 80? If yes, then I get about 2.9kg too.
(I thought you had already added this :? )

I had a few weeks ago. We've had LOTS of rain and I have had to dump lots of excess. Dilution?? Not possible it's human error in testing. :lol: :lol: Maybe I'll sneak down and have another go at testing the CYA. :shock:

Cheers

Hey Gerry,

It takes a little extra time for me when I have to do the gallons-to-metric switch-a-roo-nee on Jason's Pool Calculator :wink:

Yea, if you have been dumping water it lowered your CYA and it is most likely NOT human error haha :mrgreen:

Thinking..... :nemo: :fish: :nemo: :fish:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.