Pump Basket Cleaning Question

anthys

Jun 6, 2009
I posted this in the "Just Getting Started" forum, but deleted it after no responses. Maybe I'll have some better luck here. Anyway, is there a way to clean the basket in the device next to the pump without having water shoot everywhere? There are no valves on my pool/hoses so I can't stop the flow to the thing. I know I have to shut the pump off and turn the filter to the 'Closed' position, but even when I do that, when I get the cover off, there's just too much water shooting out. It's not really dirty yet, but it will be. Is there a solid plate I can put in the skimmer to at least slow the flow down while I'm cleaning the basket in the pump? Any info would be appreciated.

They make rubber plugs that you can put in the hole in the bottom of the skimmer to stop the water. Another way(if you needed to do it on short notice) would be to stick one end of the vacuum hose in that hole(assuming it fits snugly) and leave the other end out of the water. Or you could just shove a sock or something in it to plug the hole.

HTH,
Adam

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.