Best place to buy pool supplies

G

I know that this site supports and promotes http://www.tftestkits.net/, so I intend to shop there, but is there one single place where you can buy everything online and save shipping costs?

I need various other things CH +, stain removers, etc... Also need a lot of re-agents.
I've bought from In The Swimin the past, but even their selection is limited.

Ebay Stores are okay, but same problem. Can't buy everything from one place.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

have you checked out what is available locally at pool stores, Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, and Ace Hardware? Those are the places I get most things unless it is something that is not going to be a common item (such as the parts for my pool cleaner.)
For the reagents for a TF100 TFTestkits is going to be your best bang for the buck. If you have a Taylor K-2006 you can get everything BUT the pH reagent and acid/base demand reagents from TFTestkits.

Depending on what you need you may not be able to find everything at one place or at the best price at one place. It pays to comparison shop.

Just went over to TFP Test Kits site. As much as I need, I think my best bet is to just get the entire test kit refill for $35.00.

The hardware stores and Walmart are a little light on pool supplies, probably due to being in Colorado where they are less popular.

Walmart is great for big jugs of 6% bleach, though. Only Kmart sells the 10% stuff and it really doesn't save much $$$.

For testing:

Imagine how pleasantly surprised I was to find that Taylor Technologies is about 10 miles from my house.... no shipping charges for me! They will sell direct, but they don't compete with their resellers on price. And if you pay shipping, for test reagents your best bet is to deal with TF test kits. Their price is competitive and they have the 2oz. bottles. I'd bet their turnover is much quicker than most resellers so freshness won't be an issue.

The only pool store we have is Leslie's, and IMO they're expensive. I got a good deal on bleach at an Aco Hardware store. But I have gotten the best deals on line. Unfortunately I've never found everything at one site though.

I've been told in the state of TN no one can sell liquid chlorine, so I have been buying store brand bleach from a chain of grocery stores called Ingles. 1 gallon 6% for $1.57.

For everything else, I have found intheswim.com is cheaper than any local store. Their shipping is very cheap and a large amount of their items arrive to most areas in 1 day. They ship via FEDEX and I THINK from multiple locations but not 100% sure on the multiple locations.

poolsupplies.com beats most stores and intheswim.com. Shipping is free. In order to avoid paying "handling fees" order by phone and tell the agent you heard about a coupon for free handling.
Shipping is fast and service is good.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's funny how some of you can find 12.5% liquid bleach at your local pool or hardware stores. I've never seen it before in my life. I bought some 10% stuff at K-Mart, but I don't trust the freshness of it. The boxes appeared old, and some of them had oxidation.

I've checked, Ace, Home Depot, Lowe's, and two local pool stores. One of the pool store owner frowns at me if I mention liquid chlorine.. I told her last year, "you might change your tune, if you see what those trichlor pucks did to my CYA. it's over 150."

rbdeli said:
One of the pool store owner frowns at me if I mention liquid chlorine.. I told her last year, "you might change your tune, if you see what those trichlor pucks did to my CYA. it's over 150."

unfortunately telling her that was like telling her the airplane joke. they're both over her head.

rastoma, I live in Tennessee and can buy liquid chlorine 10% from the pool store. I purchased some Ingles bleach in gallon sized jugs today for 98 cents each. However, the bottles do not state the percentage. I asked the manager and he didn't know either. He said he would find out. He gave me a raincheck for 30 gallons.

Cindy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.