Solar Cover Reel

cav5312

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
Upstate New York
Since I'm not nearly as handy as Matt4X4, does anyone have any recommendations on a solar reel for an AGP ?? If no recommendations, how about what NOT to buy ?? Poor single mom, trying to make ends meet, would hate to waste her money. :wink:

I actually had mine made by a local from 4" alum irrigation tube. It came in at about half the cost of a feherguard or comparable with all the proper mounting materials to get it up to pool level and mounted off the end.

If buying a store bought, I do recommend the feherguard - a nicely thought out product good to about a 24 foot pool.

plans...

As I stated above - I didn't make it, I had a local make it who does these during the summer months.
There's no plans to speak of, a piece of 4" irrigation tube, cut to length, capped, weld some rod to it, slip that thru bearings fastened to plates welded to more caps which fit on uprights or posts. add a handle to turn it and it's done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.