New Pool Quote in AZ

Jun 20, 2009
Hello Everyone-

I’m ready to get a pool so, I've started getting quotes on your average 80 perimeter pool. With today's market, I know you can get a lot more pool now than I could have 3-4 years ago. I have a very aggressive budget of keeping everything around $16-17,000. I received a quote today for a local builder with the total price of $25,000, below is the price breakdown.

Please let me know If they are over charging, or if this is a good deal.

Thanks for your help and input

15,995.00- Basic Pool Package
$ 400- Pool Permits
$465- Increase depth to 6ft from standared 5ft
$465- Remove an replace fence
$750-Standard bobcat dig
$!60-baha step
$695-Navigator (Pool Cleaner)
$2,850-In-Floor cleaning system (425 Cart/ 1.5HP) ( PV3 system)
$525-Upgrade to Goldline P-4Panel, No Salt
$925 Add Goldline Salt Cell to ANy Goldline Panel
$205-Automated Valves, Per Valve
$515-upgrade to LED light
$2,195-20sq FT Rock Waterfall
$145- Landscape Boulder
$2,000- Upgrade to Standard Color Pebbie Tec or Shee

-$(2,850) In Floor Promo
-$(1,450)Salt Chlorine Generator
-$ (750) Discount

I'm checking them out currenlty;however, I want to make sure I'm getting my moneys worth; in addtion, since this is my first pool, I want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off.

Thanks for the input.

Ask several companies for an estimate; I did and found they were all pretty close to each other. I only considered companies with great BBB ratings, licensed, and those that seem to be fairly large.

I ultimately went with the builder that I personally knew the best.

Rookie74 said:
Hello Everyone-

I’m ready to get a pool so, I've started getting quotes on your average 80 perimeter pool. With today's market, I know you can get a lot more pool now than I could have 3-4 years ago. I have a very aggressive budget of keeping everything around $16-17,000. I received a quote today for a local builder with the total price of $25,000, below is the price breakdown.

Please let me know If they are over charging, or if this is a good deal.

Thanks for your help and input

15,995.00- Basic Pool Package
$ 400- Pool Permits
$465- Increase depth to 6ft from standared 5ft
$465- Remove an replace fence
$750-Standard bobcat dig
$!60-baha step
$695-Navigator (Pool Cleaner)
$2,850-In-Floor cleaning system (425 Cart/ 1.5HP) ( PV3 system)
$525-Upgrade to Goldline P-4Panel, No Salt
$925 Add Goldline Salt Cell to ANy Goldline Panel
$205-Automated Valves, Per Valve
$515-upgrade to LED light
$2,195-20sq FT Rock Waterfall
$145- Landscape Boulder
$2,000- Upgrade to Standard Color Pebbie Tec or Shee

-$(2,850) In Floor Promo
-$(1,450)Salt Chlorine Generator
-$ (750) Discount

Hi Rookie,
I also live in the Phoenix area, and I hired Paddock Pools to install my pool over 10 years ago, for about $24K. I have a 10,000 gallon PebbleTec pool with the PCC 2000 inground cleaning system, Frog chlorinator, waterfall feature and accent boulders, 60 SF DE filter. The PCC 2000 system is IMO the BEST cleaning system available today, and I can't recommend it enough. I consider my pool to be "self cleaning", as I spend virtually no time cleaning the pool. I simply empty the skimmer and filter basket every day or two, and test the chemicals to ensure that the pool sparkles the way I like it too.

In a busy construction market, the price you have would probably be about right. However, with the home building and pool construction market being what it is right now, I would think that you might be able to save about 10% to 15% on the price that you have. You just have to work them over a bit.
I cannot stress enough the importance of choosing the PCC 2000 system. That system will save you countless hours over the life of your pool, and also save much frustration over other systems. If you want to speak with me, feel free to get in touch with me at [email protected]. You are also welcome to come to my place in Gilbert to see my pool and my little backyard oasis.
Good luck!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.