Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: someplace to buy a DIY pool kit

1. Back To Top    #1

someplace to buy a DIY pool kit

Hello Everyone,

I live in raleigh NC and I will be building my own pool. I am trying to find the best vinyl pool kit with either the polymer walls or the steel walls. I am unsure which version to buy since the pool will be in the 21 x 40 range. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for something like mountain lake or oasis.

thanks

Eddie
    Freeform 18' X 36: 20,100 Gallons: 2" piping, 1HP Pentair Whisperflo, Pentair Triton II Tr-60 filter,Pentair IC-40 Chlorine generator, dual main drains,3 returns,

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: someplace to buy a DIY pool kit

I would call around to local pool companies and see if they can sell you just the kit without installing it.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

You might check out these folks, who sell IG kits: http://www.polarpools.com/index.htm.
    http://www.swimmingpool.com/

"Leave the gun...take the cannolis"

4. Back To Top    #4

fter much looking around i purchased from a local pool installer, he delivered to my home and i got everything i wanted including some tips on the install. Very happy with our pool except for the heat pump, still looking for a propane heater to replace it
    20 X 40, 28000 gal IG cement bottom, steel sides, vinyl liner, Pentair 4X160 pump, sand filter, SWG, Titan heat pump, coluorlogic and fiber optic. concrete-exposed aggregate deck
    1 skimmer, main drain, 4 returns ( 2 in stairs ) JEWEL LIKE WATER thanks to TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

What is wrong with your heat pump?
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

6. Back To Top    #6

We live close to the 45 parallel and many cool nights in spring and fall but still warm days when we would like to jump in! It just takes way to long to raise the temp of the pool i think i need a 300,000 btu heater to get the pool were i what it and then let the heat pump keep it there as long as it does not get to cold at night, yes i use a solar cover. O the price i must pay to live in paradise
    20 X 40, 28000 gal IG cement bottom, steel sides, vinyl liner, Pentair 4X160 pump, sand filter, SWG, Titan heat pump, coluorlogic and fiber optic. concrete-exposed aggregate deck
    1 skimmer, main drain, 4 returns ( 2 in stairs ) JEWEL LIKE WATER thanks to TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

Ah, ok. You said in your original post you wanted to replace it. Adding a propane heater for a supplement isnt a bad idea. I live in massachusetts. My heat pump works great, most of the time. There are occasions, (beginning and end of sseason, cool nights in early summer and those raaw rainy days in may) that I could use a smaller propane heater to "jump start" the water and use the HP to maintain. I think at some point i'm going to buy a 250,000 btu propane heater and plumb it in parrallel with the heat pump.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.