Stabilizer question?

Jun 20, 2009
Southern, IL
Hello,
I am new to this forum and fairly new at pool chemicals. Last year we had so much trouble with our pool that we drained it and started over. I put all of the start up chemicals in the pool earlier this spring. The water is clear but it would not hold chlorine. My alkalinity was low so I adjusted it last night and the cynuric acid showed harly anything which I am assuming that is why the chlorine wouldn't stay up, so I was told to add stabilizer I measured it and added 4lbs. this morning, now I have white beads at the bottom of the pool that are not desolving. My question is what should I have had my filter set on recirculation or filter? I used recirculate not sure that was right. AN...what do I do about the beads at the bottom will they disolve or should I vaccum them up? I am clueless please help :(

Welcome to the forum. Vacuum up the beads....sooner rather than later.

To give you further advice, we'll need to see a set of current test results. That'll help us track down your Chlorine issues and get your pool cleared up.

You should always ad stabilizer into your pool by putting in a stocking and either hang it in front of your return or throw it in the skimmer basket. You should vacuum them up as soon as possible but when yo vacuum dont vacuum to watse just run the filter while your vacuuming so you retain some of your CYA you added.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.